These rules are in place to protect the rider, horse, and the integrity of the facilities. Any violation of MEA rules/policies may result in the revocation of membership and/or removal from the property.
- Smoking is limited to outside the front gate only. No smoking in the arenas. Please use appropriate containers for butt disposal.
- The speed limit is 5 mph.
- No horses or motor vehicles, except the MEA tractor, are allowed inside the tack barns.
- Horses will be ridden at a walk in the paddock and stall areas.
- Driving in and around the stall areas is prohibited, except when unloading feed, supplies or equipment.
- No horseplay or other actions that are disruptive or offensive to others are allowed.
- Close and secure the main gate upon entry and exit at dusk.
- The sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages is limited to outside the front gate and only at club sponsored social activities involving club members and their guests.
- Helmets are recommended for all riders at all times. Adults who choose not to wear a helmet do so at their own risk.
- All children under 18 must wear a hard hat when riding.
- All riders, adults and children, must wear a hard hat while jumping.
- Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and not be left on the stable grounds without supervision.
- Children under 10 years of age must be actively supervised, within eyesight, by an adult or babysitter at all times. Baby-sitter must be 13 years or older.
- Children under 10 years of age can not be left unattended while the adult or baby-sitter rides in the arenas.
- Children under 18 will jump only when directly supervised by their parent or guardian in the arena or when participating
in a lesson.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times in hand or tied to fixed object or post. They must be well behaved and not left unattended or allowed to bark excessively.
- Dogs are not permitted in or around arena.
- All dog owners will pick up after their dog.
- All arenas will be shared by all users.
- Lunging is permitted if other riders do not object.
- Pass left shoulder to left shoulder.
- When sharing the arena, do not block rail for other riders.
- No unsafe galloping or other actions that could disturb or endanger others are allowed.
- Close arena gates on entry and exit.
- Use common terms such as "heads up" or "hold hard" when passing, jumping or when an emergency situation occurs.
- In large arena, jumps must be placed past the gate (only in the right 2/3 of the arena) in order to keep an area free for flatwork.
- Jumps may be placed on rail temporarily; jumps on rail must be removed at end of ride.
Download MEA Site Map
Download Stable Rules and Policies
Download Boarding Policies
Download MEA Event Agreement
Download Release and Liability (coming soon)